Monday, March 24, 2014

Giving Winter the Stink Eye

Last week's training:

Sun:  Walk 8.2 miles (Washington DC)
Mon:  Walk 8.6 miles (Washington DC)
Tue:  Walk 7.5 miles (Washington DC)
Wed:  No workout
Thu:  No workout
Fri:  No workout
Sat:  Run 6.52 miles

I am at that point where I need the training schedule to keep me accountable.  I'm really good at following a schedule, but no so good when I'm just doing some maintenance running.  Two more weeks and I'll be on the clock for IML.

On the Ironman front, I'm looking around for those final supplies I will need - cooling arm/calf sleeves, rear hydration rack for the bike, aero helmet, nutritionals, etc.  Nothing major.  Five months until race day, and 2 weeks until formal training begins.


On the weather front, this is me giving winter the stink eye.  I'm no fan of the heat, but this is getting crazy.  It's March 24th - I went out for a run tonight and got blasted with snowflakes in my eyes.  Enough already.




No comments:

Post a Comment